Old 29-08-2003, 02:04 AM
RichToyBox

Default How late is too late?

Joann,

If the current filter is keeping the ammonia and nitrites at or near 0, then
it will still keep them close to zero, even with a bigger pond, because the
source of the pollution is still the same size. The Skippy will come along
after it starts seeing some food source in the water. The only part of the
system that is currently working for you that will be lost is the growth on
the current liner, which could be substantial, so just take it easy on the
food, and monitor the water quality during start up.
--
RichToyBox

"FBCS" wrote in message
Hey Rich,
I have a 2000 bio-force functioning right now that I plan to keep in the
line of filtering. To the new pond (5000gal) I will be adding a Pro Pond
Skimmer to the settling tank, a Retro drain to the settling tank to a
pre-filter to the pump 5800 Sequence to 2000 Bio-Force to Skippy falls.

All
are new except the 2000 Bioforce that I now use on 500 gals and it's
overworked. I have to get it in before long so my fish survive the

winter.
I have thought of giving away all GF and just keeping my Koi, but I would
still be overloaded with just the Koi. Do you think I will be okay? Joann