Old 29-08-2003, 04:23 AM
Jock

Default Killing possums?

"MPA" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:24:27 GMT, "Jock"
wrote:

Smells more of Troll than Possum IMHO..

Oh shit yeah
It is so obvious in my posts here that I must in fact I really love
possums and was just stopping you all from talking utter drivel about
them as if they where a domesticated pet, and not a health risk to
human habitants we know they are.

In the absence of nothing topical to add to this thread, by example
you are in fact the Troll here Wally.

Wally is not my name, Troll is not my game though you I see you like to
play.

I think Possums stink, they are messy and a pain in the arse. However, I do
not see the sense in having a personal grief session over them living in
their country of origin or not. We had them in our roof, they were long
term residents due to a dodgy guttering job done b4 we had the place. The
super 6 sheeting had vermin excluders at the eaves but the gutter bloke
smashed them out (asbestos fibro!) so he could mount a deep profile
guttering. Problem was a Great Dane almost fitted in the gap between the
gutter & the roof sheeting. Possums were there longer than 10 years I
reckon and the ceiling was a stinking mess. After numerous confrontations
with them, we trapped & relocated them. We then cleaned out and replaced
the roof, guttering and insulation so now it smells a little like sheep
instead because of the insulation we have used. Not that bad - I reckon a
Kiwi would have trouble containing himself :P.

I see on the news those lab rats in NZ want to release a bio control worm or
similar to sterilise all the feral possums they have. I don't see that as a
good thing. They need to either trap and kill or shoot them if they are
serious about eradication. All it takes is this bioworm to jump the ditch
by some (whatever) means and we have all sorts of furry animals in Oz that
may suffer the same neutering by no intention of NZ but by their actions
none the less.
=end rant/.
Jock