Old 29-08-2003, 04:38 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Tomato seeds, supermarket or packet?

writes:

What I suggest however is that you order some HEIRLOOM tomatoes and
have some fun growing them. You are familiar with red tomatoes but
did you know there are yellow, black, brown, striped, green, purple,
pink and white..etc colored tomatoes? About the only tomato color
that does not exist is blue. There are small grape sized, cherry
sized, regular and beefstake sized tomatoes.

Yes! You can see a few of those on my last year's not-updated webpage at:
http://www.pacifier.com/~glenna
Go to the bottom and click on the individual tomato photos for pictures
taken in 2001. Though there are only photos of 1/4-1/3 of the varieties I
grew that year (and the following year), it'll sure give you an idea of
what's available.

The ones shown are all heirlooms.

Glenna