Old 29-08-2003, 09:12 AM
paxwax

Default Killing possums?

I saw a program on tv last night. It appears that NZ have developed a worm
that when it infests a posum, it renders it sterile. (I think that's how it
works). It is expected the whole posum population would be easily
erradicated. Apparently the worm could be brought into Aus, with the same
result.

"MPA" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:19:56 +1000, "Graham Feeley"
wrote:

Well I have a pesky possum as well as rats so I called in the pest man

told
me that he can not lay rat bait in case he killed the possum.
He said he could go to jail for that (Qld) so now they have to catch the
possum first and let it go in the same area ( my backyard).
and I have to patch the entrance up so he cant get back in.
So i am in limbo at the moment.
Grah

Kill it, bury it.
It is vermon and parsite enfested like roos and a health risk to
humans.

Possums are not endangered they live in nearly every home in Australia
and there is NO shortage of them, there is an Excess of them.
The over flow of them is causing headaches for power companies and
thats not all, ask any lineman they wil tell you about the possum
plague..
All these neo fundies that save the trees in the middle of concrete
suburbia, trying to mimick bushland they dont have the guts to go and
live in, have set the stage for a possum plague and we have one
already here in Melb.

Kiws are not fooling themselves about Possums.
In new zealand they kill them and mix the fur with Marino wool and its
called Porino, makes the warmest socks youve ever owned.