Old 30-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Chookie

Default Vege Patches

In article ,
"Peepshow" wrote:

I am keen to get a vege patch going in my back yard. We have a dog so I am
thinking of some kind of raised bed or fencing the patch. Also want to make
it look good so that it doesn't make the yard look ugly.

Personally, I can't imagine your back yard looks terribly flash if it has a
dog in it! You'll have to fence off part for the dog or for the garden, which
is an opportunity to be creative. Lattice with a climber? Tea-tree? Picket
fencing?

Are there any good
working idea's, open to the public, that may give me a bit of inspiration. I
live in Melbourne. May be there are some books on the subject?

You could try visiting the Diggers Club (in Dromana) and their associated
Garden of St Erth.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990