Old 30-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Dinky

Default New SAE: Is this normal?

"Mike Noren" wrote in message

Also be warned that they're likely to jump. With SAE's, unless you
have tight-fitting cover glass it's not a question of if, but of when,
you find him on the carpet.

Oddly enough, just a couple weeks ago, I commented that the 4 adult SAE in
my open-top planted 45 had never displayed an inclination to jump, and I've
had them for over a year. In the last week, I've found on one the floor, and
one on the rim of the tank. Needless to say, I'm now a believer, and the
tank has a temporary lid while I try to find something that will allow light
through, keep fish in, but not keep heat in. Any ideas?

billy