Old 30-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Rod

Default Brushcutter - 2 or 4 stroke?

"Alan" . wrote in message ...
I need a new brushcutter for my grassy banks, nettles and banks of
bushy things!

I have been using on Oleo-mac 22 cc 4 stoke which has given up the
ghost. I am intending to buy a slightly more powerfull machine 30cc.

What is the difference between 2 and 4 stroke in terms of usage?

Starting easily is an important consideration for me as is general
longevity.

We like the Stihl 4 stoke machine at work. (FS65-4 -iirc) Just have to be meticulous about oil changes and oil
level. It only holds about 100ml. As Len suggested it is clean, quiet and easy to start. Lighter than the big Husky
we had before.

Rod