Old 31-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Akvaristen

Default Poor Growth

You are right - it was a typo KH=9. How do you calculate teh disolved CO2?

"Djay" wrote in message
I think your water parameters cannot be correct. KH of 0 and Ph of 7.8
results in less than 0.23 ppm of disolved CO2. Your KH (if the reading is
correct) is DANGEROUSLY low providing NO buffering capability. Remeasure
your parameters a couple of times. Is your CO2 system working?

DJay

"Akvaristen" wrote in message
I have had poor growth in my tank - more or less from the start. I have

had
a CO2 system in place for a month now (Nutrafin fermentation type) and I
have always used Seachem flourish additives. Lately also the pellets in

the
substrate. My water #'s are fine (I think) PH 7.8, Ammonia and Nitrite

0,
KH
0
GH 19(!). I have a deep 2-3" gravel bed with a layer of the fine red

stuff
(name escapes me, but was recommended by LSF for planted tank) and a top
layer of coarse gravel. I have 14 red-eye tetra a dozen cardinal tetra,

one
RAM and one Angel, one Siamese algae eater and one sail fin pleco.
The tank is 50 gl and the fish are doing fine. So are some of the plant,
particularly after the CO2. I have saggataria - very long and broad,

Anubias
and cryptocyrenes. They all are doing reasonably well, but Amazons are

not.
I attach a picture of some new ones I just added. A few days later the
leaves all had holes in them. What can I do to rectify this? I have

always
used properly conditioned tap water - is it time to switch to RO?

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks

Akvaristen

http://home.comcast.net/~akvaristen/...t-03-061-1.jpg