Old 31-08-2003, 01:22 PM
LeighMo

Default Poor Growth

I have a 48" Hellios fixture with 110W (2x55W) White 7100K and Actinic Blue
12000K. The tank was setup early January 2003. The tank is 48"x19"x14".

A 55 gallon tank with 110 watts over it. That should be enough for the plants
you have. (But that actinic isn't ideal for a freshwater planted tank. It's
meant for sal****er reef tanks.)

It does look like your pleco has eaten your Amazon sword plant leaves. If you
just put the swords in, it may be that the leaves were dying anyway. I would
try feeding the pleco some veggies, and hoping the plant gets tougher and less
palatable once it adjust to your tank. (That happened with my miniature sword.
My evil clown loaches chewed it to pieces. But once it started growing well,
they stopped eating the leaves.)

Your tank is too large for the CO2 system you have. But you don't have so much
light that you absolutely need CO2. If your main complaint is the Amazon
sword, it may be best to just bribe the pleco with some zucchini slices.

Leigh