Old 31-08-2003, 01:32 PM
LeighMo

Default New SAE: Is this normal?

Needless to say, I'm now a believer, and the
tank has a temporary lid while I try to find something that will allow light
through, keep fish in, but not keep heat in. Any ideas?

Window screen? They make those screen tops for aquariums (for reptile
keepers). They're not terrible attractive, but they would keep critters in the
tank.

It might also help to lower the water level and have more floating plants in
the tank. I've found fish jump less when there are a lot of floating plants.
I've had a couple of fish jump out recently, and I think it's because I got rid
of most of the duckweed in my tanks. Never thought I'd miss duckweed....

Leigh