Old 31-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Ron Clark

Default Severe Pruning Leylandii

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:02:40 +0100, "Janice" wrote:

Yes, the neighbour has pruned my leylandii hedge, which I maintain to a
decent height (7 feet). I get the tree surgeons in annually to cut it, and
I trim it myself a couple of times a year. The neighbour has cut the hedge
on his side almost back to the bare trunk.

As long as it keeps growing on my side then fine, but I'll be mighty angry
if the hedge dies.

If he's cut it back exactly to the property border you've got no
legitimate complaint. (And he's quite entitled to chuck all the
trimmings back across into your garden, on the assumption that it's
your property which has invaded his space)
If the hedge then dies, it was planted too near to the border in the
first place.

--
®óñ© © ²°°³