Old 31-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Michael

Default Advice on setting up a new tank with a sand only substrate

Actually I just checked and I want to revise, the texture seem to be like a
mixture of sand and other stuff. It definitely feels like little granules.

I'm still debating between that and sand on top or just sand.

Oh, yeah. That sounds like it could be messy. It might be good for
plants, but my preference now is for less mess.
Cris

I haven't opened the bag yet (in case I decide to return it) but the

texture
felt through the bag seems to be exactly like potting soil.