Old 01-09-2003, 02:02 PM
pixi

Default Pond Guard vs roofing liner - Firestone's answer!

What is a pipe boot?

"Gregory Young" wrote in message
t...
Yes, you can use a pipe boot with Permalon.
Remember if you use adhesives with permalon to not use rubber adhesives
(EPDM type!)
Material guarantee is 20 plus years, depending on where you get it.
I have never heard of a one year guarantee, except perhaps in commercially
installed ponds, (where they would go broke if they guaranteed all their
ponds for 20 years, as their guarantee would require them coming back and
fixing them for the owners).
With a material guarantee, the manufacturer/distributor simply replaces

the
warranted material with another piece. The installation is up to the

owner!
Happy ponding,
Greg
--

"Andrew Burgess" wrote in message
"Gregory Young" writes:

Permalon is the way to go, but when I priced it, it was more than EPDM.
Permalon is HDPE, and is one of the strongest, lightest liner materials
available for use today. Also has great UV resistance. It has a 20 yr

plus
guarantee as well.

Can you use the pipe boot trick with Permalon -- is it stretchy enough?

Are you sure about the guarantee, I thought it was 1 year. Not that I

think
either will wear out.