Old 01-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Tom Randy

Default Black Eyed Susans

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:41:29 -0400, Rick wrote:

We would like to have black eyed susans in our yard. Do we buy plants or
do they come in seeds? When is the best time of year to plant. Thanks...

You can get them as small plants at your local garden centers. Buy already
started plants. They spread pretty quickly too, in the spring when they get
about 3-4 inches high I transplant some from each patch to other areas and
they take right off and bloom for me. I have them all over the place here.
Every 2-3 years you may want to thin out the patches so they bloom better.

Spring or fall is the time to plant them.

Tom