Old 01-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Deterring Foxes

wrote in message ...
[...]
~I have a problem with foxes, digging the lawn up, chewing holes in the net
~of childrens' football goal and fouling all over the place.
~
~What makes this inevitable is our neighbour feeding them chicken every
~night.

[...]

That kind of fool behaviour really gets my goat. Foxes are fine
animals, but everything in its place.

I suppose dogs are out of the question? They're the best deterrent.

I wonder if a chat with the local RSPCA Inspector might help. You
could mention that you fear for your cats, and point out the mess,
which is presumably a health risk (I suppose foxes can carry toxacara
canis, a very nasty disease, as well as the usual worms and fleas and
stuff), apart from spoiling your peaceable enjoyment of your garden.
If there's a rabies scare at any point you'd be taken very seriously.

Mike.