Old 01-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Gail Futoran

Default Final Report - The Grand Tire-Gardening Experiment (LONG!!)

"Pat Meadows" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:36:45 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

[snips]
and having to do cutting/drilling on wood for raised

beds.
Been there done that!

Me too! If space isn't a problem, you don't really *need*
to cut the sidewalls off either, it just limits the space
inside the tire.

That's a good point. I have loads of space and if I can
eliminate one step I'd rather do that. I have arthritis,
too, and although it isn't too bad yet, overdoing even a
little bit has consequences.

Painting them white would probably help, and I understand
that regular latex outdoor paint can be used. I've not

yet
done it myself.

Well worth a try, especially since the tires themselves are
free, and we have housepaint left over that gets hard in
time if not used. Thanks for the recommendation.

Gail