Old 04-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Connor Maltsberger

Default DYI CO2 generator and cloudy aquarium

Ok im definately no expert on this subject but i have a DIY co2 setup
too. I think, first off, that for a 63 gallon tank one soda bottle
will not be enough - i have heard that you need one 2L bottle per 20
gallons (is this true??) Anyhow, I have a valve to prevent water from
siphoning into the bottle, just like you, and all i do is set the
bottle underneath the aquarium with a 'drip loop' in the air tubing
(sort of like you do for your electrical cords) so that any moisture
will just collect in there and not be forced into the tank. I havent
seen any moisture or yeast in there at all before so maybe just try
repositioning your bottle.

Hope that helps out some.

Connor