Old 04-09-2003, 03:32 PM
DavesVideo

Default Why is Banboo so expencive?

Is there something I don't know about the high price?

I didn't know that it was expensive, all I have ever seen was free. Years ago I
saw an ad for free bamboo where someone wanted to get rid of it. I took some
and planted in my front yard, a few years later they put in sidewalks, so I
moved it to my back yard. When I got my new place I transplanted some of to two
diffferent patches. Once it was established, my neighbor asked for a few plants
and now he also has a grove. The bamboo has now gone through 5 incarnations
and not once was there any money involved. Try to find someone with a large
patch who will not mind your digging up a few plants.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave