Old 05-09-2003, 01:08 AM
GreenieLeBrun

Default Giant Tomato Tree

"Norman" wrote in message ...
I wish to ask your advice. In the current issue of "That's Life" on page 18,
there is an advert for a "Giant Tree Tomato" . I think its for seeds only.
Its got a cartoon type picture of a tree shaped bush covered in tomatoes
which it says weigh from 500 grams to 1 kg each. It says the bush grows to
approx 9 feet.

The price for 2 seeds is $9.90 plus $3.50 for postage and handling, and for
6 seeds $21.90 plus postage and handling.

I am interested in your opinion of the value of this offer.

I have not seen the ad you are talking about but I believe your
"Tomato Tree" is in actual fact a Tree Tomato or Tamarillo
(Cyphomandra betacea). It is a South American native and in the same
family (Solanaceae) as tomatoes and potatoes etc.
Do a Google search for more info.