Old 05-09-2003, 12:16 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default Birds nest fern immersion?

I have a large birds nest fern (Asplenium nidus I think) which I am
moving to a new property. The proposed new location is near a river
bank. This river floods from time to time. In a big flood the site
will go under water, local knowledge cannot say accurately how ofen this
will happen or how long the water will stay up in such a flood. At a
guess every 5 years and for about 2-3 days. The site will not be
subject to physical damage from the current or floating logs. I am
trying to assess whether this site is a reasonable risk or not.

My question is how long will the fern survive if immersed?

David