Old 05-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Beecrofter

Default Why is Banboo so expencive?

"Dave" wrote in message ...
Why is Banboo so expencive?

From what I herd is grown very easily, just divide some and move it and it
will begin to grow. I can see pay $5-$10 for some but paying $19-$40 on
ebay is out of my price range.
Is there something I don't know about the high price? Please advise.

Thanks,

David

What variety did you want.?
I take a rhizome division in the spring and I pot it up and water it
through the summer and then make sure it puts up new shoots the
following springn so that you don't end up with a dud 30$ and a damn
fine specimen.
If you want it for 5-10$ then you come and do the digging and the
potting up and the watering and come spring if it makes no new shoots
come back with another 5-10$ and try again.

Oh and Heidi "Lucky Bamboo" isn't even in the grass family.