Old 05-09-2003, 01:04 AM
Rick

Default DYI CO2 generator and cloudy aquarium

"S.Holmes" wrote in message
Hello all.

I decided to try a DIY CO2 generator (soda bottle, yeast, sugar) in my
aquarium (about 63 gal). I used a valve preventing aquarium water

siphoning
into the bottle. What about the other way round? How can I prevent yeast
mixture from getting into aquarium?

Couple of days ago the aquarium became very cloudy. I suspect the contents
of the generator somehow made its way to aquarium, although the level in

the
bottle remained unchanged. How can I check if some yeast really got into
aquarium? What are other possible reasons of cloudiness?

TIA

what mixture are you using, perhaps you have too much yeast. BTW one soda
bottle is not going to do much of anything in a 63 g tank. Use 2 and hook
the lines together with a t. Mix up a batch and then about 5-7 days later
mix up the 2nd batch, that way you will always have co2 while changing out
one bottle.

Rick