Old 07-09-2003, 06:02 AM
Tom Jaszewski

Default Final Report - The Grand Tire-Gardening Experiment (LONG!!)

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 10:03:15 -0400, Pat Meadows
wrote:

But the research I've been able to find does not worry me
particularly, especially in view of the fact that tires used
for planters are not ground, but intact (except for the
sidewalls having already been cut off - but this doesn't
make the tire crumble or dissolve).

Thanks Pat, as usual you are very thoughtful. There are enough
unknowns for me to be anywhere near as comfortable as you are. I see a
lack of research, and that absence continues to concern me. I'm not
ready to experiment with my food grown in tires. I only eat certified
organic....and tire grown wouldn't pass....