Old 04-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Dan

Default Bottom Drains and Empty Ponds

My bottom drain and surface skimmer are gravity fed into the VF and then
pumped from the VF into a bio-filter where it then falls back into the main
pond. The only problem I have, is my make-shift prefilter on my pump gets
clogged and needs to be cleaned about once a week. However, the prefilter
is necessary on the pump intake so that the pump doesn't get clogged which
is a much bigger job cleaning. Any suggestions for a good pump prefilter?

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...
"Dan" wrote in message
My bottom drain empties into a settling/veggie pond and is pumped from

there
into a bio-filter where it falls back into the main pond. The pump

intake
from the settling/veggie pond is above the bottom of the main pond so I
never risk emptying the main pond. Over this winter, I had a leak

somewhere
in my underground plumbing and my water level did drop but when it got

below
the intake of the pump, the pump just shut off.

That never occurred to me. I have been thinking the whole time I would

have
bottom drain to pump to VF. I guess I could have bottom drain to VF, to

pump
back to main pond. Does that make sense? Pump FROM the VF to the main pond
where the BD is?

BV.