Old 07-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Shell91

Default Looking for help identifying a tree, and methods to control sap (if possible)

While I don't know what kind of tree you have or why the bees and such like
it so well, the picture of the critter on your web site looks like some kind
of hornet. You really really do not want to get stung by a hornet. One
stung my mom several years ago and we had to take her to the emergency room,
and she is not allergic to bees, etc.

Shell

"Dennis Forbes" wrote in message
m...
Good day.

I have a tree in the front yard of my recently purchased house, and I
was wondering if a kind arborist out there could identify the tree,
and if possible tell me if there's any way to control the sap (or to
make it less tasty), or alternately when yearly I should expect this
sap. I don't mind the sticky residue covering the lane and cars, but
the many bees it draws is a bit of a concern.

I've put several pictures at
http://www.yafla.com/~dforbes/tree/index.htm.

Thank you for reading. Have a great day.