Old 07-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Annaid

Default Hawk moth/ Tomato horn worm?

I have found some (what I am pretty sure are) tomato horn worms on my tomato
plants. Are these the caterpillar for the Hawk Moth (or also called
Hummingbird Moth)? The hawk moths are such interesting critters. My
children love to watch them, but I have heard the tomato horn worm can be
destructive to tomato plants.

I have had tomato plants for year and never noticed these critters on my
plants before. My tomatoes are almost done, so I am not too concerned
....this year. Should I expect a problem with infestation next year? Is it
late for them (the caterpillar) to be appearing this year?

Any advice on these critters is appreciated.

Thank you
D~