Old 08-09-2003, 07:43 AM
Wasted Nyght

Default where to buy plants in Sacramento/Davis area

I have been to quite a few pet/fish stores in the area and the plant
selection is limited and the quality poor. I am looking for some low
light plants for a small aquarim. Anyone have suggestions for shops or
plants to sell? I would rather not have to buy online.

Hey, I live in Davis and I've found the best place in town is Petcetera,
over by the corner of 4th & D. streets. There isn't ever much there, but it's
restocked constantly with random stuff, and the old man half of the couple that
runs it really knows his stuff if you get him talking. You can normally find
java ferns, crypts and anubias there which might work out for you. He gets a
variety of random plants frequently from whatever magical fish markets he goes
to in Sacramento and a few locals like myself. You can always drop me an email
if you are in town and I could dig up some clippings if you're interested in
any of the junk I keep in my tanks.
As for Sacramento, give Capitol Aquarium a try. They're huge, they've got
lots of stuff, including a decent plant selection.