Old 08-09-2003, 07:32 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Looking for help identifying a tree, and methods to control sap (if possible)

P van Rijckevorsel writes
It was almost unnecessary to actually see the pictures, but, yes, it is

Tilia. Maybe Stewart Robert Hinsley can tell you which species?

Stewart Robert Hinsley schreef
Your reply arrived here just as mine was leaving. I make it Tilia
cordata. I forget to stick in a link to my images online of this
species.

URL:http://www.meden.demon.co.uk/Malvace...y.html#cordata
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

+ + +
The other day I met some bee-keepers and the topic of Tilia came up. They
also knew about research into the alleged toxicity of Tilia-honey (clearing
the tree), but added a hypothesis, namely that there was a discrepancy
between the production of honey and the spreading of an attractive smell.
They felt that Tilia still smelt strongly while honey production was
dropping off, luring in bees that it could not feed.
PvR