Old 08-09-2003, 09:09 PM
keith

Default green green pond of home

i read in the gardeners world mag ,tips from other gardeners that cress put
into the water works wonders for keeping water clear ! not tried it myself i
havent a pond but i think its worth a try! Any one else tried this?
eweed" wrote in message
. ..

"willsniffer" wrote in message
have a 450 litre pond, pump for fountain going to small pressurised

filter
bucket doodah. Tried various eco methods such as ramshorns etc, but what
does anybody recommend when it comes to a decent filter system +/- UV
filtering? The fish are fine but it would be nice to see them once in a
while.
Thanks

I installed a pump/filter combo, the filter contains a uv light. It
guaranteed clear water and it is now. Took about 6 weeks from about no
visibility whatsoever to fully clear to the bottom (20 in). make is

hoselock
ecoclear 4500 which ois probably too much for your pond, you could get the
smallest one (my pond is about 1700 litres IIRC).

Only suggestion to you I'd make is to get the oblong gravity fed type

rather
than the pressurised round canister type(which I have) as the oblong ones
are more tolerant of getting full of gunge so you can get away cleaning it
less often. Oh, one other thing, no rush to install now as the algae

should
be dying off soon anyway, but as its the end of the season you might be

able
to get good deals over the next few weeks on pond equipment, ready to

start
next spring.

--
Tumbleweed