Old 08-09-2003, 11:44 PM
Wasted Nyght

Default where to buy plants in Sacramento/Davis area

WOW, this thread took off. It seems we all had the same idea with Petcetera
and Capital Aquarium. I also totaly understand the battle for algae control
with Davis tap water. My own efforts involve a pair of 20 gallon tanks that go
crazy with algae. And yeah, they're too small for SAEs. I'd have to have a
horde of amano shrimp or something to even make a dent, so it's a very manual
task each week. Anyway, if anyone wants to form a Davis Club, or something
less official, send me an email at . I'll compile whomever
writes and we can start a little email thread in private and see if anyone's
got anything they want to pass around, algae be damned. I know I don't need
any more MTS, but I've got a few types of grass that I need to prune back, a
couple crypts, hornwart, duckweed(like anyone WANTS that), and some random
stuff that I'd be happy to help anyone out with. Mostly, I'd just be happy to
meet some people in the area who are into this. I got into the hobby a couple
years ago to raise fish, but fell in love with plants when a friend's roommate
had some awesome tanks that inspired me. He up and moved right as I set up my
planted tanks a year ago though. Grrr.

Let me know if anyone's interested. Ken