Old 09-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Gregory Young

Default Soil for pond plants?

I'm with Jerri:
I have Koi, and use pea gravel for all my aquatic plants.
Koi aren't attracted to pots containing stone/gravel like they are to those
with clay, which by instinct they will root around in.
Results, I have great plants and great Koi, together.
Happy ponding,
Greg

--

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
Just about anything has been used successfully. Sand, gravel, cat litter,
cow dung, clay, and mixtures of the above. I use some of my sandy
gravelly soil with some plant food spikes buried in there where the
phosphorous can't leech out and cause green water problems.

all of the above are ok.....potting soil is NOT OK It is too light and

will
float qway....Make sure if using cat litter it is NOT the clumping kind

and
that it is well rinsed.....I personally pot in 1-2 inch gravel, and let

the
fish fertilize them Jerri