Old 09-09-2003, 02:42 AM
Mark. Gooley

Default OT Squirrels Flipping Out

"Shiva" wrote
From my experience with voles and Rozol, if any of your neighbors
put out any sort of rodent poison (rats can be a real problem in city
neighborhoods) the squirrels appear to think this is some sort of
delicacy and they will move mountains to get to it. (So, this is why you
may not have any squirrels.) I placed the pellets inside the vole holes,
then put heavy stones/buckets etc on top,but the squirrels worked hard
and got to them. The second time I found a big fat cute squirrel dead I
had to give up the Rozol.

Strange. When I lived in a rental house in Gainesville, Florida for a
year and kept my bamboos in large pots (so that I could move them onto
the land I eventually bought), the squirrels ate the new shoots. I bought
various rodent poisons. They remained untouched and I had to make wire
cages around the bamboos to have any new shoots at all to make new culms.

Your squirrels may vary.

Mark.