Old 09-09-2003, 06:08 AM
Cichlidiot

Default hard tap water

Chris wrote:
I live in the central valley in California, and we have really hard
water. It leaves calcium deposits on all the plumbing fixtures. How will
this effect plants? Should I mix tap water with bottled water to soften
it a bit? I haven't set up the tank yet.

Most plants do fine in hard water. The big thing to watch out for that
I've found is if your complex/house has a water softener on it. My complex
does and not all the plants like it very much. I've been fine with java
ferns, crypts, aponogeton bulbs and hairgrass. Other plants have just not
thrived even with Flourish and CO2 and sufficient lighting.