Old 05-02-2003, 09:57 PM
~ jan

Default Pump Socks

Is anyone using or has anyone used a pump sock to protect their pump?

For my main koi pond pump, I too do the gravity filter so pump is getting
the clean water. In the lily pond where the pumps are just for water
features I encase the pumps in the black mesh potting containers for water
plants by taking two and clam shelling them together with zip ties. My son
uses a drill to get the hole just right for the cord (at the rim) and hose
at the top. The key to any successful "sock" is surface area. ) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a