Old 10-09-2003, 10:32 AM
rapdor

Default Atrium Lighting

Hi folks, We have recently renovated the sunroom (atrium as my wife likes
to call it) and now want to get the lighting changed to promote plant
growth. The room is 2 meters wide by 5 meters long, with the long side
facing west. The plants are normal, very healthy, large houseplants,
philodendron, dieffenbachia, alocasia, various ferns and vines, batplant etc
etc. The windows have external blinds. I think I have the problem of too
much sunlight under control, and have a superb irrigation system bought but
not yet installed, so water is also not an issue.

But I need some assistance on the lighting for plant growth. Well, to be
honest I haven't got a clue. So before I just get an electrician to install
2 x 4' fluorescents and buy some grolux tubes , does anyone have any advice
on what would actually work? I hope so--thanks.