Old 07-02-2003, 07:11 PM
Jagath Samarabandu

Default Hole in Ice - Canada

Don wrote:
The pond was clear of all ice last weekend after warming weather. We have
had winter storms the last few days and there is a thin layer of ice on part
of the pond now. It has never frozen over completely. The fish seem happy.
Don
Greens Corners, Ontario

Picks up the jaw off the floor..

Whaaat.. What green corner of Ontario are you from and how big is your
pond? I'm in London, ON and there is about 8-10" of ice (with about a
foot of snow on top). The warmer wheather didn't even make a dent on the
snow that was on top of ice. Granted, I didn't have the water
circulating. I didn't think moving water would make that big a
difference. Are you sure you don't have the heater on?

There is one gf in the 1200 gal pond. I'm hoping he would survive until
April. Four of them did survive a completely covered 120Gal pond last
winter, but didn't escape the heron.

Jagath
--
Jagath at canada dot com is where I can be reached