Old 12-09-2003, 11:30 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Something killing my SAEs

Yesterday one of my mature SAE died. Just now I fished one out of the
tank. The rest are hiding in the large amazon sword. I did notice they
were "breathing" really fast lately, but I didn't think any of it because
all the other fish were acting normally. I just went back to check on them
and 2 of them are very pale, the other two have normal color. I tested the
water and it's all within normal parameters. I have no idea what could be
happening. The only change they've had in the past 4 months was a plant
re-arrangement. I pulled out 2 large swords and replaced them with little
ones, plus I removed most of the stem plants.
Any advise would be most appreciated.

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv