Old 13-09-2003, 07:42 AM
Lar

Default Single hole in all of my red radishes, why?

In article ,
says...
Is this a natural forming occurence? I figure that it may be, since
if it were a bug or worm or something, wouldn't there be more than
only one hole in each radish? I don't think insects would only alot
themselves one hole per radish.

A possibility will be Wireworms but I am not sure if
they would do the single hole per plant. You can cut a
potato in half and bury it just under the surface then
check on it in a couple of weeks and you should be able
to tell if they are there. If by chance where your
garden is was grass last year you may not need to do
anything but till the garden after this years last
harvest, then again till the ground a number of weeks
before you start your next years garden.
--

http://home.comcast.net/~larflu/owl1.jpg

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!