Old 13-09-2003, 06:22 PM
dave weil

Default Brown Spots on Leaves Killing Rose Plants

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:48:02 GMT, (Shiva) wrote:

Subsequently I bought a container of 'insecticide' where the label stated
that it was for brown spots in roses. However, after spraying, most of the
leaves fell off and the new leaves became knurled and very small.

You need to do some reading. The disease is called blackspot and it is
fungal, has nothing at all to do with insects. Keeping roses alive is
not rocket science but you do need to know a few things.

However, it' probably isn't black spot since most people describing
the ailment for the first time are quick to talk about the yellowing
of the leaves (I'm just speculating though).

It could be one of those other "tree funguses" or it could just be the
way the leaves look when they defoliate.

Just pointing that out...