Old 15-09-2003, 02:32 AM
Coryadaurus Rex

Default Sickly Dracaena marginata (indoors)

I have a dracaena marginata. Normally, it had long slender green leaves
with maroon edges.

I had it in a low-light living room and it didn't seem to be doing to
well to me. It's leaves were drooping and there were quite a few red,
dying leaves. Also, it had fewer leaves than healthier ones I've seen. I
moved it to another room that gets a good amount of indirect light from
the southwest. In the past few days, it's been about 20 degrees hotter
than usual and brighter than usual. Now the draecana is doing worse. It
has even fewer leaves and a lot are getting yellow, than brown-red and
dying. The new leaves that sprout out of the top are dying right away.

I water this plant whenever the top inch of soil is dry.

What can I do to improve the health of this plant? Is it having a hard
time adapting to more light? Is it having a hard time dealing with the
changing temperature (90 rather than 70)? Too much water? Too little
water?

Also, when does a dracaena marginata get to the point where it no longer
can be salvaged? How many leaves does it need to stay alive? Can it come
back?

Thanks