Old 25-01-2003, 03:09 AM
James Delahanty

Default Ventura County Rose Society Rose Auction

Those of you who followed the VCRS Rose Auction catalog might be
interested to know that the Rose Auction last night was highly
successful, netting more than 3K for our educational programs and Rose
Celebration. The highest price rose was 52 dollars for Mary Guthrie, an
Alister Clark polyanthas; the average price at auction was between 24
and 26 dollars....About 75 people attended and over 50 made bids on one
item or another. We sold or auctioned over 90% of the roses offered.

JD