Old 16-09-2003, 12:13 AM
Allan Matthews

Default %&*&^#@?? deer

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:51:59 -0400, "len"
wrote:

"Allan Matthews" wrote in message
.. .
Returned home today after being away a few days. Deer had eaten all
of the beets, all of the swiss chard, half the beans and the tops from
the carrots. They left the squash and turnips. Revenge will be mine
Nov. 17. (first day of deer season.

And, most people don't think you can get good quality meat out of a
vegatable garden. We live in a city, so our biggest pest is squirrels,
slower but damage still gets done. Ciao

Sorry folks, I do not have bad feelings about shooting the beautiful
deer. I have seen hundreds of them starve to death in winter, because
of the over population of them. Every years there are many many
thousands killed on the highways of New York state. I know many
people who felt it was terrible to kill a deer until they had their
first deer caused auto accident that cost them thousands of
dollars.Every year at least one deer winds up dead in my front yard,
due to a car hitting it. Not a pretty sight.