Old 16-09-2003, 01:45 AM
RedForeman ©®

Default Anubia Roots

Well, I guess today is the day for me to be longwinded, as I've done all
day, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere near stopping, I'll get straight to
the point....

I've got 2 anubias, nana and barteri, and they are both being uprooted so
often, that they are looking rather ragged. They are both of larger size,
healthy and growing daily, but are also shooting out structures at the
bottom at a tremendous speed. My overgrown lazy lawn mower, uproots them
atleast once a day, along with my swords... well... basically all the
plants, unless you line the glass with them.... but they STILL find their
way to the top of the water....sigh

How can or how do I trim some massively overgrown roots, without damaging or
'stunning' the plant too bad? What can I do to maybe propogate it or cut it
at a point?

I can provide pics, but right now, Elink upgraded their news service, and
the binaries group is not available to me, so I'll go take the pics, just
sent Elink a note about the group, so we'll see ya tomorrow...

If I can split these I'd be tickled, Jaws won't like it, but I'm flirting
with taking terracotta pots, breaking them and 'putting them together' to
form football shaped, or L shaped 'pots', so to speak... we'll see...

Any help would be highly appreciated... Opinions are great that way...