Old 16-09-2003, 02:44 AM
Dave Sheehy

Default Denver Orchid Society Show

K Barrett ) wrote:
: I just repotted some mini catts I got from Alan Koch of Gold Country
: Orchids. (I showed a pic of one of them some time back on apbo) Great roots.
: Need I say more? *G* So if you are considering going to the Denver Show and
: Sale, check out Alan's minis.

When I repotted a catt I got from Alan I observed the same thing. He pots
exclusively with sphagnum (something about toxins in a lot of bark available
today) so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

: They are better than I thought they'd be. (Is
: that called damming with faint praise? *G*)

I think that's what you call a backhanded compliment. :-)

: He's also having an open house
: at his place in Lincoln Sept 26, 27, 28. Since we aren't supposed to
: advertise commercial growers here I'll make you search for the webpage info
: yourselves.

Really? He's less than 10 miles from me. Guess I'd better go huh? Now I
have to go track down that URL. Will you (or anyone else for that matter)
be going?

Dave