Old 16-09-2003, 07:44 AM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default %&*&^#@?? deer

In article ,
Allan Matthews wrote:

Returned home today after being away a few days. Deer had eaten all
of the beets, all of the swiss chard, half the beans and the tops from
the carrots. They left the squash and turnips. Revenge will be mine
Nov. 17. (first day of deer season.

Deer here (Missouri 5b) are a constant problem and have done hundreds of
dollars of damage to our property. We use the Contech scarecrows to
keep them away in the summer. They still sneak in now and then,
especially if we forget to turn the Scarecrows back on. Last winter,
they ate my mature yews so bad that several did not survive the
enslaught. Neighbors feed them which is totally stupid. Unafraid of
humans, they are in the yards constantly, grazing. Today I counted six
near the lower garden, just itching to eat some more of my raspberry
bushes. They have even come into our garage.