Old 16-09-2003, 11:46 AM
-=Almazick=-

Default Something killing my SAEs

Might be to much CO2 and low Oxygen. Use air stone in your tank and
decrease the CO2 level

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
Yesterday one of my mature SAE died. Just now I fished one out of the
tank. The rest are hiding in the large amazon sword. I did notice they
were "breathing" really fast lately, but I didn't think any of it because
all the other fish were acting normally. I just went back to check on them
and 2 of them are very pale, the other two have normal color. I tested the
water and it's all within normal parameters. I have no idea what could be
happening. The only change they've had in the past 4 months was a plant
re-arrangement. I pulled out 2 large swords and replaced them with little
ones, plus I removed most of the stem plants.
Any advise would be most appreciated.

Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv