Old 16-09-2003, 12:04 PM
Toni

Default Anubia Roots

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message news:R0s9b.16135
How can or how do I trim some massively overgrown roots, without damaging

or
'stunning' the plant too bad? What can I do to maybe propogate it or cut

it
at a point?

You'd be surprised how much pruning a plant can tolerate.
Just use clean sharp scissors or knife that won't smish the tissue.
First trim off any brown or mushy roots. If you plan to split one into two
or more plants hold off any additional trimming until you've determined
where your cuts are going to be.
In looking at the rhizome you can see plants growing up and roots growing
down- you'll be cutting the rhizome between any of the growth. Make sure
that each piece of rhizome you cut has both leaves and roots to sustain
itself- at least two leaves for each piece IMO. If the roots that are left
after that are too much of a mess you can trim them off to about 1"- really.
I regularly trim anubias roots like this to stuff them into a driftwood
crannie.

Have you considered finding a couple of small pieces of driftwood or rocks?
Just tie the plants to them with fishing line or thread or even rubber bands
and let 'em sink. The plants will thrive and not suffer from constant
uprooting, and you'll be spared the chore of replanting constantly.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm