Old 16-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Pat Meadows

Default %&*&^#@?? deer

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:34:21 -0500, Phaedrine Stonebridge
wrote:

Never fear, they'll catch on to domesticity soon enough.

I hope they continue to be wimpy deer! Otherwise, I
could leave my dogs out at night in summer. I will if I
have to.

Black bears are reported in Eastern Missouri for the first time in
like a century so it will be interesting to see what happens.

We have black bears around here, lots of them.

Two summers ago one broke our neighbor's bird feeder. I
heard loud cracking noises at 4 am, and the next morning the
1" thick metal pipe supporting the bird feeder had been bent
down to the ground, in a U-shape. Nothing but a bear could
possibly have done it.

Last summer, a woman who lives about 1/2 mile from us left
her garage door open (mistake!) while she quickly ran to the
store one afternoon. When she returned, there was a black
bear in her garage. We *never* leave our garage door open!

Pat