Old 17-09-2003, 03:11 AM
Wendy

Default Stanhopia Oculata Question

Shell, looking at the photo, if it is a 4" pot, I would say at least twice
that size.
You do know that the flower spikes come out the bottom so you have to
put it in a basket. There are wooden slatted teak baskets in differant
sizes.
You could use a plastice net basket until it gets bigger I guess.
My plant was probably two may three times as big, got it in '96 & first
blooms were
in 2001.
Cheers Wendy
"Shell91" wrote in message
y.com...
I have just gotten a Stanhopia oculata on eBay. I have been doing some
reearch on the web but I can't find anything on how old a plant has to be

flower. Is it like most and needs to be several years old?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=42 218&rd=1

This is the page for the auction. Any opinions on the plant?

Shell