Old 17-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Blarneytoad

Default What to buy

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:41:26 +0100, "Graham Ramsay"
wrote:

"Ron Nelson" wrote
What do you have for lighting now? What size of tank?

Ron

4 foot tank with 2 x 40w T8s.
DIY CO2.

Get the co2 system and add a couple of 40 watt flourescents.
You can buy generic balasts,buy water proof end caps and
mount the ballasts remotely for pretty cheap. Put a reflector on top
of it and you should get plenty of light to get you by till later.
I used a set up like that till I got my MH pendants. 2 40 watt bulbs
and 2 HO bulbs-I put them on timers and staggered the start times
to simulate morning-full daylight-evening.